Friday, April 30, 2010

Time flies when it is SPRING!

Oh my gosh! Where is the time going? I have had a busy time, working at the nursery, new jobs sites and planning and planting my own little patch of earth.
I have planted here in Grafton 3weeks ago my strawberries which are doing quite nicely.


Also, in the past month I have planted in the dark or before or after work, a lot of trees. My Parrotia persica is in the ground and so is my Yellowwood Cladrastis lutea, a tree that is native to Kentucky!!
Here is the unfolding of leaves from my Yellowwood.







I am sure I will have to wait 20 years for the pendulous flowers, but hey, what the heck. This tree will grow here and be beautiful whether I am here or not to see the drapes of blooms.








My Serviceberry is in bloom and the Robin Hill Serviceberry awaits planting patiently in the veggie garden. I have to try to do that asap!!



















I am getting a used riding lawn mower, something I really did not want to do, but a limp in my walk has forced me to seek one out. Luckily my brother found me a great deal, a used Honda riding mower for $400! It comes home tomorrow, the neighbours will be pleased I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Lake

Great Lake
Lakeshore Road

Followers