Wednesday, March 17, 2010

blah, blah, blah will change

My last post is news based, this will change here shortly. The nursery will be opening up soon, due to very warm weather, we have lots to do before we open the doors.
Also, it has taken me a year and a half to figure out the use of space in this new home.

I still am calling it new, because it is new to me.  Last winter I worked on copper trellis's and sculpture for a show I did in my backyard at the end of May. It was great, the pieces I created were different and I really enjoyed creating them.  I pretty well sold out. It also helped the winter financial situation which is not always pleasant in the depths of February and March.
This winter, I have not done much creation in any department. I think it had to do with the memories of scattering the copper, wood and other materials throughout my house from last winter. The basement where I solder is fine for that, it's too dark, dingy and cold for anything else or so I have convinced myself. So once a frame is soldered, everything else happens upstairs in a room at the back. This leads to copper, wood, wire and other materials covering most of the rooms on the main floor. I was not looking forward to that mess again, despite the fact that the back room is at this moment a mish mash of wood, copper wire, hammers and well you get it.
This week I had several groups of surprise visitors to the house, some want to see what I am doing and some just wanted to visit the new abode. I was embarrassed, the house is in total bedlam, the clutter in the back room is spilling out, plus Boots, Bo and I are all suffering from my chaos. I am blogging like no tomorrow and really should get something done. As I know once the nursery calls next week, I will be like a one armed paper hanger motivated by the short season ahead.
Last night sitting there with the animals I had an epiphany! There is a rec room down stairs that has 3 windows and all of the extra stuff you don't need anymore in your new house, plus some things I can not find. I am going to clean out that room and make it my studio - today! I will have to paint the walls to lighten them up, but it the perfect space for all the unwanted clutter in the back room.
Wish me well.
Here are some of the pieces I created last year for the show. The first image is the front of the brochure I produced to promote my show.

Now I am headed to the basement to create the space for this years work. I am happy to have finally a solution to a problem, I just wish it had entered my pea brain in January......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Lake

Great Lake
Lakeshore Road

Followers