Friday, March 12, 2010

The News Today

The news today is so sad, it's driving me to distraction. For some reason the idea of 8 rare Siberian Tigers starving to death, along with countless other zoo animals in a China Zoo, just makes me weep for these confined innocents. I quickly left that article only to find another. This time the article was about Kenya opposing a 'one time' ivory sale as poaching soars. To read about the useless death of these elephants is more than I can bear. So I picked up the local paper, The NorthumberlandToday.com, which is a SunMedia paper, whom I am not fond of and now our local paper is filled with cr-p from all across the country instead of local news and editorials. It trashed all of our local papers and clumped them all together with their tabloid junk and it's hard get a decent editorial about local news.
The paper I picked up to read is thrown at the end of my driveway, which is thrown at the end of every driveway every Thursday whether you want it or not. Apparently there are a lot of people who do not WANT this paper as on my walks I find it in ditches all over my routes. I think they should be charged with polluting and littering, there is a $5,000 fine for that here in Northumberland. Back to the 'local paper' - it had an editorial from a female MP from Saskatchewan who wants the Long Gun Registry sacked. Eeeeeegads, have we gone mad? She states that it cost up millions or billions and that it is an infringement on the rights of law abiding Long Gun owners. I don't think so, guns are a problem and this registry helps the police track guns, the use of guns and helps them solve crimes. The gun registry is used daily by police to aid in crime reduction, solving crimes and track guns. The police want to keep the registry! We are a gun crazy world, kill anything world. Farley Mowat once said a long time ago, in the 70's if I remember correctly, that 'soon there will no wild animal on the planet living that is larger than a bread box'. I would love it if he were wrong. By the news today, I am desperately afraid he may be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Lake

Great Lake
Lakeshore Road

Followers